A journal of a annualy character devoted to the broadly understood issues of international humanitarian law of armed conflicts. Individual numbers correspond with the theme of the annual National Scientific Conference on International Humanitarian Law, organized by the Naval Command and Operations Department of the Naval Academy in Gdynia and the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Gdańsk.
To date, eight volumes have been published:
- Vol I: "International Humanitarian Law” (AMW, Gdynia 2010),
- Vol II: "The Russian-Georgian Armed Conflict in 2008” (AMW, Gdynia 2011),
- Vol III: "Rules of Engagement” (AMW, Gdynia 2012),
- Vol IV: "Targeted Killing & Superior Order” (AMW, Gdynia 2013),
- Vol V: "Genocide as a Crime in International Law” (AMW, Gdynia 2014),
- Vol VI: "Implementation of International Humanitarian Law” (AMW, Gdynia 2015),
- Vol VII: "War in Ukraine” (AMW, Gdynia 2016),
- Vol VIII: "Requirements of humanity" (AMW 2017).
The editorial staff conducts constant recruitment of texts. The deadline for submitting texts to the volume from a given year is 1 October. Detailed editorial requirements can be found here.